Monthly Archives: June 2018
WHY CHOOSE COMPOSITE ROOF SUPPLIES FOR YOUR FIBREGLASS ROOF KIT
We are Composite Roof Supplies, a roofing supply company specialising in commercial, industrial and domestic fiberglass roofing kits and accessories for customers throughout the UK. We provide all the roofing materials you need to complete your roofing project, from lead roll, flat roof paint, and roofing resin, to roofing supplies online, we have it all!
If you’ve been searching for a quality and professional composite roofing service, look no further than Composite Roof Supplies. We are proud to serve customers throughout the UK and can help get the job done to each customer’s specification. No job is too big or too small, we value and take care of every project we do and we complete all roofing projects to an extremely high standard. At Composite Roof Supplies, we believe we stand out of the crowd for the following reasons:
- Our company is flexible and considers the needs of
TYPES OF BOARDS FOR FIBREGLASS ROOFING
OSB3 Tongue & Groove ( Oriented Strand Board ) is the roof deck of choice for laying a new fibreglass roof. It’s rough textured surface allows the resin to get a firm grip and key into the board, meaning there is very little chance of delamination ( the matting peeling away form the surface of the wood ). With standard square edge boards allow 3mm gaps between adjoining boards for expansion.
When using square edge be prepared to
- Leave a 3-4mm gap between each board edge (for internal movement and expansion)
- Vigorously abrade plywood to improve bond with 40-60 grit red aluminium oxide paper
- Apply masking tape to all joints to prevent resin ingress when the bandage is applied *ensure resin can soak into the tape do not use duck tape this is an old style method,
- Apply an additional glass bandage (450g x 75mm) prior to the main laminate.