Prymax GRP Primer 25kg
£221.13 Excl Vat
20 in stock
Prymax GRP Primer 25kg
Prymax GRP Primer is a high-performance, two-component polyurethane primer that is specially formulated to seal and prepare surfaces for the application of GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) coatings. It is a hard-wearing but flexible coating that can be applied to a variety of substrates, including concrete, wood, and metal.
Key features of Prymax GRP Primer 25kg:
- Forms a super tough coating that can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Seals out moisture and prevents water ingress.
- Improves the adhesion of GRP coatings to the substrate.
- Can be applied in damp (not wet) conditions and low temperatures.
- Coverage of 500g per square metre for all three coats.
Applications of Prymax GRP Primer 25kg:
- Prepping substrates for GRP applications
- Sealing and protecting concrete floors
- Preparing walls for painting or wallpapering
- Consolidating fragile surfaces
- Repairing damaged GRP structures
- Protecting metal surfaces from corrosion
How to use Prymax GRP Primer 25kg:
- Ensure the substrate is clean, dry, and free from dust and dirt.
- Mix the primer thoroughly in the correct ratio of resin to hardener.
- Apply a thin coat of the mixed primer to the substrate using a brush, roller, or sprayer.
- Allow the primer to dry completely before applying the GRP coating.
- Apply two further coats of the primer for a thicker, more durable seal.
Safety precautions when using Prymax GRP Primer 25kg:
- Wear gloves and safety glasses when handling the primer.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water.
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not store in direct sunlight or at temperatures above 25°C.
Shelf life of Prymax GRP Primer 25kg:
12 months when stored correctly in a cool, dry place.
Prymax is a hard but flexible polyurethane that forms a super tough coating that can be used to seal concrete, wood and metal. Prymax moisture curing system means it can be applied in damp (not wet) conditions and low temperatures. When Prymax is partially cured, polyester resins will chemically bond, making it an excellent primer for bonding GRP to porous and metal substrates. Coverage: For all 3 coats allow 500g per square metre.