SilverSeel Polyester Resin 5KG
£37.33 Excl Vat
1932 in stock
Polyester Resin 5kg
- Polyester Resin 5KG includes Catalyst
The Polyester Resin System from SilverSeal is a specially crafted product designed for roofing applications. When used in combination with Silverseal topcoat, this system delivers exceptional results. It has undergone rigorous external fire exposure roof tests and has achieved the BS476 Part 3 FAB certification for fire retardance. You can rely on this product to provide outstanding performance and meet the highest standards for fire safety in roofing applications.
Specially designed for roofing applications, ALTHOUGH this polyester Resin CAN BE USED FOR GENERAL PURPOSE APPLICATIONS.
- Meticulously crafted to deliver exceptional results with Silverseal topcoat
- Achieved fire retardant BS476 Part 3 FAB certification after rigorous external fire exposure roof tests
- Provides exceptional performance and meets the highest standards for fire safety in roofing applications
polyester Resin System from SilverSeal is intended to be used in conjunction with CSM (Chopped Strand Mat) fiberglass matting. The fiberglass matting is first laid out on the roof surface, and then the Base Resin System is applied to it, ensuring that the matting is completely saturated with the resin.
The combination of the polyester Resin System and the fiberglass matting provides a strong and durable roofing solution that is resistant to weather, fire, and other environmental factors. The resin system is designed to work seamlessly with the fiberglass matting to create a reinforced composite material that can withstand heavy loads and high winds, making it an ideal choice for flat and low-sloping roofs.
- Viscosity: 600-800 cps
- Gel time: 20-25 minutes
- Cure time: 24-36 hours
- Tensile strength: 30-40 MPa
- Elongation at break: 2-3%
- Fire rating: BS476 Part 3 FAB
- Coverage: 0.5-1 kg/m², depending on application thickness
Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on specific application conditions. It is always recommended to consult the manufacturer's technical data sheet for more detailed and up-to-date information.