Flat roofing kit
Let us guess it has rained & it’s rained a lot! as a result the flat roof you have now leaks. Don’t worry though you are 100% in the right place for a new flat roof kit.
Firstly it is important to have all the necessary information and flat roof kit materials to ensure a successful project. The next step is to determine the type of flat roof surface, as this will determine the type of flat roof kit and any additional materials that may be needed. Secondly, measure the size of the flat roof in square meters, as this will help determine the size of the flat roof kit needed. Additionally, it’s important to know the edges of your roof, such as gutter edges, raised edges, and wall fillet trims. Furthermore, it’s essential to have the necessary tools for the job. And lastly, Most importantly it’s recommended to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or watch our how-to video page below, this will get you up to speed and how the flat roof kit works. EPDM ONLINE TRAINING or GRP ONLINE TRAINING
So to put together a flat roof kit order, you will need to consider the following 3 key products:
- The membrane: This is the waterproof layer that goes on top of the decking and provides primary protection for the roof. There are several types of membranes available, including Traditional GRP, Overlay GRP, and EPDM Rubber Roofing, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
- The insulation: This goes between the decking and the membrane and helps to keep the roof warm in winter and cool in summer. There are a variety of insulation options available, including rigid insulation boards and spray foam insulation. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
- The decking: This is the surface that the insulation and membrane will be applied. There are several types of decking available, including plywood, OSB, and metal decking. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. OSB TnG is highly recommended for GRP, Ply for EPDM
When you have selected the appropriate products for your roofing project, put together an order for all of them, including any additional materials or accessories that may be required. Make sure to double-check the quantity and specification of the materials you have chosen before placing an order. All our Flat Roof Kits are calculated in meters squared.
Knowing the roof surface will make it easier to place an order
Roof surface: It is important to know the type of surface your roof is made of. therefore this will determine the type of membrane and any additional materials that may be needed.
For instance, if your roof is made of felt, you will need a membrane specifically designed for overlaying felt roofs. or a full replacement.
If your roof is made of GRP, you will need a membrane specifically designed for GRP roofs. In addition, we offer CrylicRoof for quick repairs.
If your roof is made of wood or concrete, you will need a membrane specifically designed for those surfaces. We have GRP EPDM or liquid-applied systems like PurRoof.
Roof size: To determine the size of your roof, measure the length and width of the area in meters squared. This will give you the overall size of the roof and will help you determine the amount of materials needed for the project.
There are many reasons why a roof may leak in addition to the flat roof kit knowing the edges is important. For example, gutter edges need drip trims, raised edges to prevent water runoff, and wall fillet trims are placed against any upstands. This is important to prevent water leaks and ensure the roof is properly sealed around the perimeter.
Tools: Determine if you have all the necessary tools to complete the project. If you don’t, you’ll need to factor in the cost of rental or purchase.
Our conclusion: By keeping these basic guidelines in mind, you can easily put together a flat roof kit that includes all the necessary materials and tools to complete your project. It’s also important to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or consult a professional for a more detailed guide.
ADD Flat roof edge trims
ADD a Tool pack
Flat Roof Kit Overview
Flat Roof Kit Content, our GRP (glass-reinforced plastic) flat roof kits are a popular choice for those looking for a durable and long-lasting flat roofing solution. These kits come with everything you need to install a flat roof on your property, including the materials, instructions, and even the tools can be added to any kit.
GRP flat roofs are known for their strength and durability, making them a great option for both residential and commercial properties. They are also lightweight, which makes them easy to install and maintain. Additionally, GRP flat roofs are resistant to water, fire, and extreme temperatures, making them a great choice for properties in all climates.
One of the main benefits of a GRP flat roof kit is the ease of installation. The kits come with detailed instructions and all the necessary tools can be supplied, making it easy for even a novice DIYer to install a flat roof. The materials are also easy to work with and can be cut to fit any size or shape of the roof.
Another benefit of GRP flat roof kits is their cost-effectiveness. These kits are often less expensive than traditional flat roofing materials, making them a great option for those on a budget. Additionally, the long lifespan of GRP flat roofs means that they will last longer than traditional flat roofing materials, saving you money in the long run.
In conclusion, GRP flat roof kits are a great option for those looking for a durable, long-lasting, and cost-effective flat roofing solution. They are easy to install, maintain, and come in a variety of colors and finishes, making them a great choice for both residential and commercial properties. If you’re in need of a new flat roof, consider investing in a GRP flat roof kit for your property.
Place an order Choose your grp kit
- Browse the available options and select the grp kit that best suits your needs.2: Select the necessary trims
- Along with the grp kit, you will also need to purchase trims to finish off the edges and corners of your flat roof. Choose the trims that match the dimensions of your roof.: Select the necessary tools
- To apply the grp and trims, you will need some basic tools. These may include a heat gun, a roller, a brush, and a cutter. Be sure to select tools that are of good quality and suitable for the job at hand.